To master the art of becoming a barista, you must build a well-rounded knowledge of coffee. From where your beans come from and how they're roasted, to maintaining your equipment and dialling it in to get your perfect espresso.
Barista Masters know all there is to know about espresso and milk-based drinks, and hot and iced coffees. They are experts in keeping their customers happy. They can easily take a customer through their menu and make recommendations for new customers based on their preferences or moods.
If you want to start your day right then, you need to know a Barista Master. If you want to be a Barista Master, then start your training at Coffee School.
What You Will Learn
- How to load the group handle and tamp coffee
- Make the perfect espresso by adjusting the grinder and espresso machine
- Learn advanced milk texturing methods
- Create poured and etched latte art
- How to give specialist coffee advice
- Learn to pour the coffees on the coffee menu
- Learn hygiene and maintenance for grinders and espresso machines
- Learn food safety practices and more
Coffee School by CHT uses competency-based assessments through which you demonstrate that your acquired skills and knowledge meet nationally recognised standards. These include written assessments and skills demonstrations. If a student is unable to achieve competence the first time, they can repeat the course until they are competent.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are issued with the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the units:
- SITHFAB005 - Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITXFSA001 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
Entrance Requirements / Pre-requisites
There are no pre-requisites for this course. However, learners must be at least 16 years old at the course start date.
How to Enrol
Enrolment for our Sydney Barista Coffee Master Class involves four simple steps:
- Choose a date from the course timetable.
- Fill in your personal details in the space provided.
- Pay for the course using a credit or debit card.
- Wait for an email confirming your booking and complete the full enrolment form. This form must be completed before your course starts.
- You will need to complete a short questionnaire and get your USI (Unique Student Identifier) if you are attending a nationally recognised course