A dining experience can be made or broken by the service provided. In Complete Hospitality Training’s (CHT’s) Waiting Skills course you will learn the very best service styles with tips and skills to ensure you can provide a memorable experience to the tables you serve.
Our ‘hands on’ Waiting Skills course is ideal for learners who wish to gain the skills necessary to become a quality server.
Many venues will only employ staff who have established skills as more and more venues rely on their dining areas, casual or formal, to keep their patrons returning. If you have barista, bar, and waiting skills, you can be utilised in all areas of a venue, making you an attractive option for an employer.
What You Will Learn
- Table setting
- Greeting guests
- Sales techniques
- Taking the order
- Plate service
- Customer relations
CHT utilises competency-based assessment to demonstrate that you have achieved the skills and knowledge required by nationally recognised standards. As this is a non-accredited course, no assessment is applicable.
Daytime (1 day): 9am – 3.30pm or
Evening (2 nights): 6.30pm – 9.30pm
On successful completion of the course you will be issued with a non-accredited Certificate of Participation.
Entrance Requirements / Pre-requisites
- Learners must be 16 years of age and over at the time of course commencement.
- There are no pre-requisite units for this course.
How to Enrol
To enrol into this course, please follow these simple steps
- Select a date from the course timetable on this page.
- Complete your personal details and make a payment via credit or debit card.
- Receive an email with confirmation of your booking.
- Complete the full enrolment form prior to the commencement of your course.
Fees and Government Funding
|Tuition Fees (GST Exempt)||Cost|
Government funding is not available for the standalone Waiting Skills; however, Waiting Skills are included in our Government funded* Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40416).
If you are an Australian citizen (or permanent resident) you may be eligible for this subsidised course.
The nationally recognised qualification includes
- Barista Coffee
- Food Handling and Food Safety Supervisor
- Leadership and Management
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Waiting Skills
Plus, much more!!
Click here to see CHT’s fee schedule.
*This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.