The Food Safety Supervisor course combines two units, level 1 is the Food Handling unit and level 2 is Food Safety. This course is designed for anyone that is responsible for the proper storage, handling, preparation, display, service and disposal of food.
It is a legal requipment for all food handlers to comply with the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code. Level 1 covers those requirments, level 2 build upon those skills and is expecially applicable to someone who will be in a supervisory role.
What You Will Learn
- The Food Act (Vic) 1984
- Correct food handling procedures
- Controlling micro-organisms
- Personal hygiene
- Environmental hygiene
- Temperature control
- Thermometer use and recording procedures
Learners will be assessed at the end of the classroom session. Coffee School by CHT uses competency-based assessments through which you demonstrate that your acquired skills and knowledge meet nationally recognised standards. If a student is unable to achieve competence the first time, they can repeat the course until they are competent.
Students who successfully complete this course will receive two nationally recognised Statements of Attainment
SITXFSA005 - Use hygienic practices for food safety.
SITXFSA006 – Participate in safe food handling practices.
Entrance Requirements / Pre-requisites
- Learners must be 16 years of age and over at the time of course commencement.
- There are no pre-requisite units for this course.
How to Enrol
To enrol into this course, please follow these simple steps
- Select a date from the course timetable on this page.
- Complete your personal details and make a payment via credit or debit card.
- Receive an email with confirmation of your booking.
- Complete the full enrolment form prior to the commencement of your course.