The Food Safety Supervisor course combines two units, level 1 is the Food Handling unit and level 2 is Food Safety. This course is designed for anyone that is responsible for the proper storage, handling, preparation, display, service and disposal of food.
It is a legal requipment for all food handlers to comply with the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code. Level 1 covers those requirments, level 2 build upon those skills and is expecially applicable to someone who will be in a supervisory role.
What You Will Learn
- The Food Act (Vic) 1984
- Correct food handling procedures
- Controlling micro-organisms
- Personal hygiene
- Environmental hygiene
- Temperature control
- Thermometer use and recording procedures
Learners will be assessed at the end of the classroom session. Coffee School by CHT utilises competency-based assessment method to confirm the required knowledge and skills have been achieved. If a student is unable to achieve competence the first time, they can repeat the course until they are competent.
On successful completion of the course you will be issued with the nationally recognised Statement(s) of Attainment
SITXFSA001 - Use hygienic practices for food safety.
SITXFSA002 – Participate in safe food handling practices.
Entrance Requirements / Pre-requisites
- Learners must be 16 years of age and over at the time of course commencement.
- There are no pre-requisite units for this course.
- Learners must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend onsite learning (Department of Education and Training, Victoria).
How to Enrol
To enrol into this course, please follow these simple steps
- Select a date from the course timetable on this page.
- Complete your personal details and make a payment via credit or debit card.
- Receive an email with confirmation of your booking.
- Complete the full enrolment form prior to the commencement of your course.