You've likely heard of a barista, but have you ever encountered a Barista Master?
A Barista Master has comprehensive knowledge about coffee, from its origins to the roasting process. They are well-versed in everything related to espresso and milk-infused beverages, as well as hot and cold coffee drinks. These experts excel at crafting the perfect taste by paying close attention to every detail: the froth, the sweetness, the ideal amount of foam, and even the way they hand over the cup to you!
Effortlessly guiding customers through the menu, a Barista Master can offer personalised suggestions to newcomers based on their tastes or current mood.
If you're looking to kick off your day on the right foot, a Barista Master is the person to know. And if you want to become a Barista Master yourself, begin your journey at Coffee School.
What You Will Learn
- How to load the group handle and tamp coffee
- How to pull the ideal espresso by adjusting the grinder and espresso machines
- Specialised techniques for milk texturing
- Advanced milk texturing
- The basics about the poured and etched pattern techniques of Latte Art
- Expert coffee advice
- How to pour different coffees found on coffee menus
- Proper techniques for cleaning and maintaining espresso machines and grinders
- Food safety best practices, and more.
Coffee School by CHT uses competency-based assessments through which you demonstrate that your acquired skills and knowledge meet nationally recognised standards. These include written assessments and skills demonstration.
Two days - 9am to 4:30pm
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are issued with the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the units:
- SITHFAB025 - Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITXFSA005 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
Entrance Requirements / Pre-requisites
There are no pre-requisites for this course. However, at course start date, learners must at least 16 years old.
How to Enrol
Enrolment for our Melbourne Barista Coffee Master Class involves four simple steps:
- Choose a date from the course timetable.
- Fill in your personal details in the space provided.
- Pay for the course using a credit or debit card.
- Wait for an email confirming your booking, and then complete the full enrolment form. This form must be completed before your course starts.