You may have heard of the barista, but what is a Barista Master?
Barista Masters knows everything about coffee, from where it comes from to how it's roasted. They know all there is to know about espresso and milk-based drinks as well as hot and iced coffees. And they are experts at making them taste just right. They make sure every detail counts: frothiness, sweetness level in each drink, the perfect amount of foam on top - even down to the way they handle your cup when you order one!
Barista Masters can take a customer through their menu with ease and make recommendations for new customers based on their preferences or moods.
If you want start your day right then you need to know a Barista Master. If you want to be a Barista Master then start your training at Coffee School.
What You Will Learn
- Loading the group handle and tamping coffee
- Adjusting the grinder and espresso machines to achieve perfect espresso
- Advanced milk texturing
- Introduction to Latte Art (poured and etched patterns)
- Specialist coffee advice
- Pouring the coffees from the coffee menu
- Cleaning and maintain the espresso machine and grinder
- Safe food handling practices and much more!
Learners will be assessed at the end of the classroom session. Coffee School by CHT utilises competency-based assessment method to confirm the required knowledge and skills have been achieved. If a student is unable to achieve competence the first time, they can repeat the course until they are competent.
Two days - 9am to 4:30pm
Learners who succesfully complete this course will be issued with the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the units:
- SITHFAB005 - Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITXFSA001 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
Entrance Requirements / Pre-requisites
- Learners must be 16 years of age and over at the time of course commencement.
- There are no pre-requisite units for this course.
How to Enrol
To enrol into this course, please follow these simple steps
- Select a date from the course timetable on this page.
- Complete your personal details and make a payment via credit or debit card.
- Receive an email with confirmation of your booking.
- Complete the full enrolment form prior to the commencement of your course.