Waiting Skills training with Coffee School will teach you the very best service styles, empowering you to give a memorable experience to every table you serve.
Our ‘hands on’ Waiting Skills course is ideal for learners who wish to gain the skills necessary to become a quality server.
Many venues will only employ staff who have established skills as more and more venues rely on their dining areas, casual or formal, to keep their patrons returning. If you have barista, bar, and waiting skills, you can be utilised in all areas of a venue, making you an attractive option for an employer.
What You Will Learn
- Table setting
- Greeting guests
- Sales techniques
- Taking the order
- Plate service
- Customer relations
CHT utilises competency-based assessment to demonstrate that you have achieved the skills and knowledge required by nationally recognised standards. As this is a non-accredited course, no assessment is applicable.
Daytime (1 day): 9am – 3.30pm or
Evening (2 nights): 6.30pm – 9.30pm
On successful completion of the course you will be issued with a non-accredited Certificate of Participation.
Entrance Requirements / Pre-requisites
- Learners must be 16 years of age and over at the time of course commencement.
- There are no pre-requisite units for this course.
- Learners must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend onsite learning (Department of Education and Training, Victoria).
How to Enrol
To enrol into this course, please follow these simple steps
- Select a date from the course timetable on this page.
- Complete your personal details and make a payment via credit or debit card.
- Receive an email with confirmation of your booking.
- Complete the full enrolment form prior to the commencement of your course.