Melbourne is fortunate to be considered among the worlds best coffee destinations. Coffee culture in Melbourne sets a standard that is revered and emulated all around world. Just ask a Melbournian!
With such a high standard to live up to, employers and customers demand the best from their baristas. Technical skills must be match withed product knowledge and an obvious passion for their work. Our trainers know this and show where this passion for coffee comes from. Our goal is to prepare you to become a part of this vibrant coffee industry.
Our goal in training coffee is to get your hands the coffee machines as much as possible. With uninterrupted access to a group head and a steam wand you'll be making as many coffees as you can throughout the training session. Adjust your grind, texture your milk, and free pour your way into this vibrant industry.
What You Will Learn
- Loading the group handle and tamping coffee
- Adjusting the grinder and espresso machines to achieve perfect espresso
- Milk texturing
- Pouring the coffees from the coffee menu
- Cleaning and maintain the espresso machine and grinder
CHT utilises competency-based assessment to demonstrate that you have achieved the skills and knowledge required by nationally recognised standards. As this is a non-accredited course, no assessment is applicable.
On successful completion of the course you will be issued with a non-accredited Certificate of Participation.
Entrance Requirements / Pre-requisites
- Learners must be 16 years of age and over at the time of course commencement.
- There are no pre-requisite units for this course.
- Learners must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend onsite learning (Department of Education and Training, Victoria).
How to Enrol
To enrol into this course, please follow these simple steps
- Select a date from the course timetable on this page.
- Complete your personal details and make a payment via credit or debit card.
- Receive an email with confirmation of your booking.
- Complete the full enrolment form prior to the commencement of your course.
Fees and Government Funding
|Tuition Fees (GST Exempt)||Cost|
Government funding is not available for the standalone Barista Coffee course; however, Barista Coffee is included in our Government funded* Certificate IV in Hospitality (SIT40416).
If you are an Australian citizen (or permanent resident) you may be eligible for this subsidised course.
The nationally recognised qualification includes
- Barista Coffee
- Food Handling and Food Safety Supervisor
- Leadership and Management
- Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Waiting Skills
Plus, much more!!
Click here to see CHT’s fee schedule.
*This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding.