Melbourne is fortunate to be considered among the worlds best coffee destinations. Coffee culture in Melbourne sets a standard that is revered and emulated all around world. Just ask a Melbournian!
This means that employers and customers are always going to expect baristas to meet and exceed an already high standard. Technical skills must be matched with product knowledge and an obvious passion for their work. You want to be a part of Melbourne's vibrant coffee industry, and our goal is to help you achieve this. We do this by having trainers who are also passionate about coffee, and by giving you unlimited access to a group head and steam wand throughout the one day course. To gain the necessary skills to be able to adjust the grind, texture milk–and then free pour the milk–you need to practice and repeat. You'll end up making dozens of cups of coffee throughout the training session.
What You Will Learn
- Loading the group handle and tamping coffee
- Adjusting the grinder and espresso machines to achieve perfect espresso
- Milk texturing
- Pouring the coffees from the coffee menu
- Cleaning and maintain the espresso machine and grinder
Coffee School by CHT usually uses competency-based assessments through which you demonstrate that your acquired skills and knowledge meet nationally recognised standards. However, since this is a non-accredited course, there is no assessment.
On successful completion of the course you will be issued with a non-accredited Certificate of Participation.
Entrance Requirements / Pre-requisites
- Learners must be 16 years of age and over at the time of course commencement.
- There are no pre-requisite units for this course.
How to Enrol
To enrol into this course, please follow these simple steps
- Select a date from the course timetable on this page.
- Complete your personal details and make a payment via credit or debit card.
- Receive an email with confirmation of your booking.
- Complete the full enrolment form prior to the commencement of your course.
Fees and Government Funding
|Tuition Fees (GST Exempt)