During the Barista Coffee Master Class, you will learn the practical skills and theory you need to make and pour various coffee-based beverages using hospitality-grade espresso machines and grinders. You will learn how to give customers coffee advice, choose and grind coffee beans, make and evaluate coffee-based drinks, and keep grinders and espresso machines clean.
The Barista Coffee Master Class is valid for those wishing to enter the hospitality industry to make and serve coffee. You can work at restaurants, cafes, clubs, bars, event venues, and functions. This course is ideal for those who want to operate espresso machines without constant supervision.
What will you learn
- How to tamp coffee and load the group handle
- How to make the perfect espresso by adjusting the grinder and espresso machines
- How to texture milk using advanced techniques
- How to create latte art using pouring and etching methods
- How to offer advice on specialist coffee
- How to recreate the coffee on the coffee menu
- How to clean and maintain grinders and espresso machines
- How to handle food safely and more
Coffee School by CHT uses competency-based assessments through which you demonstrate that your acquired skills and knowledge meet nationally recognised standards. These include written assessments and skills demonstrations.
Once you have completed the course, you can return for a free refresher class every month for up to six months. This will allow you to practice the techniques taught during the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are issued with the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the units:
SITHFAB025 - Prepare and serve espresso coffee
SITXFSA005 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
Entrance Requirements / Pre-requisites
There are no pre-requisites for this course. However, learners must be at least 16 years old at the course start date.
How to Enrol
Enrolment for our Brisbane Barista Coffee Master Class involves four simple steps:
- Choose a date from the course timetable.
- Fill in your personal details in the space provided.
- Pay for the course using a credit or debit card.
- Wait for an email confirming your booking and complete the full enrolment form. This form must be completed before your course starts.