If you want to work at any licensed venue anywhere in Victoria (including bottle shops), then it is mandatory that all staff hold a valid RSA certificate.
By attending our 4-hour class where we cover topics such as responsible service of alcohol and preventing intoxication among other things, not only will you learn about what laws apply but also how best to protect patrons from irresponsible behavior while serving them drinks. Plus upon completion of the program participants earn their VCGLR certificate which means means you'll be ready for employment opportunities!
What You Will Learn
- Problems associated with excessive consumption
- Alcohol and the law
- Who is responsible?
- Facts about alcohol
- Strategies for responsible service
- Refusal of service
CHT utilises competency-based assessment to demonstrate that you have achieved the skills and knowledge required by nationally recognised standards. To achieve competence in this course you will need to complete a written assessment and a skills demonstration.
On successful completion of the course you will be issued with a VCGLR approved certificate:
Responsible service of alcohol
Entrance Requirements / Pre-requisites
- Learners must be 16 years of age and over at the time of course commencement.
- There are no pre-requisite units for this course, but it is important that students are comfortable with delivery and assessment in English. If you require the assistance of a translator or interpreter, please note that you must enrol in our face-to-face RSA course.
- Learners must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend onsite learning (Department of Education and Training, Victoria).
How to Enrol
To enrol into this course, please follow these simple steps:
- Select a date from the course timetable on this page.
- Complete your personal details and make a payment via credit or debit card.
- Receive an email with confirmation of your booking.
- Complete the full enrolment form prior to the commencement of your course.